If required, please use your search engine for up to date currency conversions
~ Also available at: ~
Details for the tote bag crochet pattern
This beach bag crochet pattern is for a large tote bag with a beach themed design. There is plenty of room in the bag to carry a large beach towel, sunscreen/lotions, swimwear, a beach cover/other clothing, and more!
This tote bag is very large and strong. Even if you don’t have any beach trips planned, you can just take the beach with you! Use it as a swimming bag, overnight bag, shopping bag, or even a baby bag.
For my Sea Shells Beach Bag, I have used Drops Paris Cotton Yarn. You can use any brand you prefer, but as this is a large bag designed to carry a lot of items, I would recommend keeping to a 100% Cotton yarn to minimise stretch.
- Yarn weight: UK Aran/US Worsted
- Yarn type: 100% Cotton
- Hook Size: 4.5mm
- Gauge: 2″ square = 10 st x 12 rows in Spiked Moss Stitch as used for the base.
- Size: The finished bag measures approximately 18″/46cm wide across the top and 15″/38cm tall from the base (excluding handles). The base measures approx. 13″/33cm wide by 3″/7.5cm deep.
For this beach bag crochet pattern, you will need
Aran/Worsted weight Cotton yarn –
(not all of the yardage is used, so you can come under by approx. 20yds for each colour if your yards per grams are different)
Drops Paris colours:
(26) Dark Beige – 2x50g/164yds,
(01) Apricot – 1x50g/82yds,
(19) Light Yellow – 1x50g/82yds,
(27) Peach – 1x50g/82yds,
(17) Off White – 1x50g/82yds,
(100) Light Wash 4x50g/328yds,
(02) Light Turquoise – 2x50g/164yds,
(10) Dark Turquoise – 2x50g/164yds,
(09) Strong Blue – 2x50g/164yds.
A 4.5mm hook.
2 Pins to hold the straps in place while attaching.
Yarn needle & scissors.