This page is to provide information to a crochet pattern designer who is thinking about applying to become a ‘featured designer’ at hookedonpatterns.com. Hopefully, it will give you an idea of what you can expect and an idea of the terms that would apply. This page is not a contract, nor agreement. You will not be employed by Hooked On Patterns.
The idea is that you will feature as a guest designer and provide a crochet pattern to be published as free-to-view on our blog. In exchange, we’ll provide you with exposure across all of our platforms (website, subscriber’s newsletter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) and a quality back-link to your website, or shop (eg. Ravelry, Etsy, or Craftsy).
You will be credited as the designer, and will need to be able to offer pattern support for your design.
You must own the copyright of any crochet pattern you submit.
You will retain 100% of your copyright. You can still publish your crochet pattern on any other platform, or sell your crochet pattern as you choose. You retain all of the copyright, and in no way assign any to Hooked On Patterns.
You will provide Hooked On Patterns with a licence to use your crochet pattern. The licence will be provided for free, at no cost and for an unlimited time. This means that we can manipulate and publish your crochet pattern. We need to have a licence to be able to do that. The licence means that Hooked On Patterns can:
• Edit your crochet pattern. This means changing any of the wording, pattern format, images, graphs or any part of the submitted pattern.
• Publish your crochet pattern to hookedonpatterns.com or any other website/domains we own, or may own in the future. (In case we ever decide to expand or change our name)
• Use your images for promotional purposes.
We may edit crochet patterns so that they are formatted in the same way as other crochet patterns on the blog. We will watermark your images that are published on the website, but you will retain and own 100% of the copyright for these manipulated images. We will have a licence to use them.
A final note on copyright: The licence will be for internet use only. So, we will not print your crochet patterns, or publish them in books. We will not sell your crochet patterns as eBook/PDF digital downloads. We will not make videos of your crochet patterns.
OK, now that’s out of the way, how will it work? Here are the STEPS:
- You complete the form below to state your interest
- We’ll contact you and ask you to submit the design(s) which you would like us to consider (only a photo at this stage)
- We review your submission(s) for its suitability for inclusion on our blog (Please allow 7 days)
- We will make contact to let you know if we are interested in featuring your design, and if selected, forward an agreement for your approval (You can still submit other designs if you are not selected this time)
- You will send us a copy of your crochet pattern in digital form, with supporting images
- We will review the pattern and check the quality of your images
- If necessary, we may ask for amendments before your pattern is approved
- We will ask for information to help with your feature write up (your bio and/or story about the design)
- You will provide a webpage (your website or online store link) to be used as your back-link and an email, or contact information. This will be published with your crochet pattern, so that users can contact you directly for pattern support if needed
- We may make the pattern up
- We will create and arrange the crochet pattern webpage
- We will publish the webpage!
- We will create Pins and promotional images
- We will promote your amazing crochet pattern across our social media and to our subscribers
- You promote the featured post on your social media
You will not be ’employed’ by Hooked On Patterns in anyway whatsoever. This is not a contract of employment. Any agreement will be on a single design, one-time, basis.
Hooked On Patterns are not liable for any loss incurred by any featured designer pursuing or obtaining this opportunity. Hooked On Patterns will promote the featured designer across social platforms once, minimum. Hooked On Patterns can remove a crochet pattern from the website, without notice, should they choose.
You are responsible for knowing the conditions of any third party contracts you are in; if you submit a crochet pattern, you are agreeing that you know of no reason why Hooked On Patterns can not publish your crochet pattern.
If we receive any copyright breach claim against your pattern, we reserve the right to remove the publication. You will be responsible for defending your own copyright and it will need to be resolved before we consider re-publication.
Any agreement is not subject to a third party. If you later sell the copyright of the crochet pattern, you sell it with our licence attached.
If you are interested in being a featured designer, please complete the form below!
© Copyright L.Ryan, Hooked On Patterns.com